-DCEA engages in teaching activities at
- PhD, master, and bachelor programmes
- Professional level
PhD, master, and bachelor programmes
In terms of the PhD, master, and bachelor programmes, DCEA engages in a variety of educational programmes. The primary programmes are the master programmes in Environmental Management & Sustainability Science, Sustainable Cities, the Joint European Master in Environmental Studies: Cities & Sustainability, and the bachelor programme in Urban, Energy and Environmental Planning. These programmes are taught in AAU campuses in Aalborg and/or Copenhagen.
Parts of the teaching activities are made in cooperation with external partners such as universities from abroad, professional organisations like the Danish engineers’ society, and municipalities. Other parts of the teaching centers around technical software such as the Simapro for life cycle assessment calculations.
The aims of DCEA are to:
- Attract the best students nationally and internationally
- Continiously develop the programmes in accordance with the problem-based learning model and critical thinking
- Continue to develop programmes in which teaching is informed by research
- Engage with students as research collaborators and important contributors to the research environment
professional teaching and training
For the teaching related to professionals, DCEA offers courses and events. The aims for these activities are:
- Develop educational opportunities through master programmes and short-term courses in-house
- Engage with capacity building in developing countries