DCEA is the leading research centre connecting impact assessment practice to theories of decision-making and governance, with a strong focus on critical engagement with governments, businesses and civil society within regional, national and international policy-making arenas. The Centre provides theoretically pluralistic, methodologically rigorous, and analytically sound input to research and practice, and contributes to out-reach and educational programmes – all with a view to promote participatory and sustainability transition.
DCEA works within the following areas of environmental assessment and planning:
- Research - within e.g. environmental assessment of city and sector planning, products, decision processes and effectiveness
- Analyses and assessments – including preparation of guidelines, evaluations, environmental assessments and critical life cycle assessments
- Courses and continuing education - individual solutions or group courses, seminars, lectures, knowledge dissemination
- Professional training and development - for staff in municipalities, regions, ministries and the private sector
- Conferences and events - in Danish and international contexts